- use, download, access, or interact in any way with any of our various offerings, including paid or unpaid web subscriptions, newsletters, mobile platforms, webinars, surveys, data entry portals, interviews, briefings, programs, and software or applications (collectively, the «Services»);
- visit the social media sites of the SphereStudios brand;
- receive communications from us, including emails, phone calls, or other electronic messages; or
- attend or register for any of our webinars or community/networking offerings.
It applies whether you have provided us with the information directly or if we have obtained it from a different source, such as a third party.
It is important to understand that the website and services may contain links to sites or offerings operated by individuals or entities other than SphereStudios. Such links, when applicable, are provided for reference and convenience only. SphereStudios is not responsible for the content or operation of such sites or offerings, nor the security or privacy of information collected by such third parties. You are solely responsible for determining the extent to which you can use such content and should review the applicable privacy policies for these third-party sites or offerings.
- Information we collect
We collect information that you provide to us directly. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, complete a form, submit or post content through our Services, purchase a membership, communicate with us through third-party platforms, request customer support, or communicate with us in any other way. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, display name, username, biography, email address, business information, and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Activity Information: we collect information about your activity on our Services, such as your likes, reading history, and when you share links;
- Transactional Information: when you purchase a membership, we collect transaction information, such as subscription details, purchase price, and transaction date. Limited billing information, collected and used strictly for billing purposes only, is not used or shared for any other purpose and will be processed in accordance with all applicable laws.
Other information is received indirectly from you through the use of the Services or through our data research and aggregation activities. This information is generally limited to:
- Information about the use of the Services or the Website through web logs collected automatically and passively through various technologies, which generally will not specifically identify you or others. Examples may include IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data about aggregate use;
- Download restrictions or other similar consumption limits, where applicable, assigned to your SphereStudios account, username, email address, registration, etc. Additionally, if you choose to download and use optional third-party applications with the Services, we will detect and store information necessary for you to effectively use the third-party application.
Finally, we also collect personal data from other sources, such as public records, publicly available internet sources or sites, vendors, data providers, and marketing lists or commercially available marketing directories, phone directories, social networks (such as LinkedIn), and related media. Data collected through these sources is generally limited to business contact information, such as names, contact information, job titles, LinkedIn profiles, and other social media profiles.
A «cookie» is a small text file with a unique identifier that is placed in an online browser or device and is used to collect limited information about your online preferences and enhance the efficiency of the website. When you visit the website, SphereStudios or one of our authorized third parties may place a cookie on your browser and/or device. We also use web beacons in some email communications. SphereStudios uses such cookies and other tracking technologies to manage your preferences, personalize and deliver content and advertising, provide social media features, and analyze usage-related information about visits to the website.
We may use both «session cookies» (which disappear once the browser is closed or the computer is turned off) and «persistent cookies» (which remain operational until they are deleted). You can manage website cookies in your browser’s corresponding settings, and you always have the option to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, certain website or service features may not work as intended.
The following describes how we use or may choose to use different categories of cookies and similar technologies:
- Necessary or Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the basic operations of the website and cannot be turned off. For example, session cookies necessary to transmit the website, authentication cookies, and security cookies.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies enable users to share our website or materials on social media sites. Since these cookies are not under our control, you should check their respective privacy policies to understand how they work.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising cookies track activity on websites to understand viewer interests and target them with specific marketing. SphereStudios may now or in the future choose to engage third-party advertising networks that collect IP addresses and other information from web beacons on our websites, in emails, and on third-party websites.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies help us customize the content of our website according to user preferences. They remember user choices, language, visited country pages, and any changes users make to text size or other parts of our website pages. The information collected by these cookies may be anonymous and cannot track browsing activity on other websites.
You can prevent the installation of cookies in your browser at any time. For instructions on how to block, delete, or disable cookies, please refer to the «Help» or «Support» section of your browser.
- Use of Personal Data
SphereStudios uses your Personal Data when: it is necessary to fulfill our obligations or exercise our contractual rights; we have a legitimate business interest to process such Personal Data; it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations; we have your consent (when required by applicable law) to use your information (when relying on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent by contacting us as set forth below). Such legal reasons are identified for the following common cases:
- Website Management and Service Provision: personal data is processed to fulfill our contractual obligations, as applicable. In cases where we have not entered into a contract with you, such processing is based on our legitimate interest in managing and promoting our business, operating and administering the website, providing and improving the Services, and providing requested content or materials (for example, when you request to download one of our reports from the website).
- User Registration: in accordance with our contractual obligations or legitimate interest in providing Services, when you register for an account with SphereStudios (whether as a paying customer or for free), we process your Personal Data as necessary to register and manage your account, provide support and technical training, verify your identity, and send important information about accounts, subscriptions, and services.
- Support Requests: if you request SphereStudios to contact you (for example, to get free trial access or to learn about our offerings), or if you communicate with us through other means, we process your Personal Data to the extent necessary for our legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you, or as required by contractual obligations.
- Compliance; Security and Functionality of the Website and Services: for our legitimate interests in ensuring compliance with relevant terms, we process your personal data to review compliance with applicable usage. Personal data is also processed by monitoring the use of the website and services, to fulfill our contractual obligations, as applicable, to provide a secure and functional experience. In cases where we have not entered into a contract with you, such processing is based on our legitimate interest in promoting the security of the website, Services, systems, and applications and in protecting our rights and the rights of others, so we reserve the right to monitor, investigate, and report any attempt to violate the security of the website or services, verify accounts and activity, and enforce our terms and policies.
- Improving the Website and Services; Offer Development: we process your personal data to analyze trends, usage, and interactions with the website and services to the extent necessary for our legitimate interest in improving the website and services, developing new offerings, and providing people with personalized content to customize their experience with our Services. In certain cases, we will process your Personal Data for such development by directly requesting your feedback (for example, through surveys).
- Identification of Customer Interests and Opportunities: because it is our legitimate business interest to meet the demands of our customers and ensure positive user experiences, we may process your Personal Data to assess potential new opportunities for customers, as applicable.
- Marketing Communications; Advertising: our legitimate business interest is to promote our website and services, grow our business, and advertise our offerings (whether through direct marketing or by providing personalized content ads), and as such, we will process your Personal Data by sending certain marketing information. product recommendations, personalized research, and other communications (for example, newsletters, sales calls, or other electronic communications) only as necessary to reflect such legitimate interests or, if applicable, to the extent that you have provided your prior consent.
- Payments: in rare cases where you have provided us with financial information, SphereStudios will process your Personal Data to verify such information and collect payments only as necessary to complete a transaction and fulfill our contractual obligations.
- Legal Obligations: we may need to process Personal Data for legal and compliance reasons that we consider necessary or appropriate under applicable law (which may include laws outside your country of residence). Such processing may be necessary to: respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities; enforce our terms of service or other terms and conditions; or protect our rights, privacy, security, or property, or those of other individuals.
- Sharing Information
SphereStudios may share Personal Data in the following ways:
- Engaged Service Providers: as necessary to provide the Services, conduct our business operations, or when we believe applicable law allows or requires disclosure, we may share Personal Data with engaged service providers, including entities providing hosting and system management, payment processing, analysis and marketing, data enrichment, or customer service, to the extent necessary and in accordance with the legal bases outlined above. These service providers only receive the Personal Data necessary to fulfill the services they provide to SphereStudios. Under no circumstances are such service providers allowed to use the Personal Data obtained for any purpose other than providing the designated services to SphereStudios.
- Mergers or Acquisitions: in the event of a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, corporate divestiture, or dissolution where we sell all or part of our business or assets, we will disclose the necessary Personal Data, and such information will be governed by the privacy policies of the acquiring entities. In accordance with applicable laws, we will make all reasonable efforts to notify you of any transfer of Personal Data to an unaffiliated third party.
- Data Analysis: Occasionally, we may share statistical, anonymized, and non-personal data with third parties to assist SphereStudios with such analyses and improvements. SphereStudios may also use aggregated and anonymous usage data for typical business operations (for example, demonstrating the size of our newsletter audience).
- Public Forums: If any part of the SphereStudios brand website or social media sites allows posting in public forums, the Personal Data you choose to post, share, upload, or make available to the public may be visible to others. You should never post or share confidential information or information about others unless you have permission to do so. We may use the information you provide to personalize your experience and make content recommendations.
- Retention Periods
SphereStudios typically retains Personal Data for the time necessary for the original purpose of collecting or obtaining such data. Appropriate retention periods are generally determined further by the nature and sensitivity of such Personal Data, including any potential risk of harm that may arise from unauthorized use or disclosure, as well as whether additional legal or regulatory obligations require us to retain it. In most cases, this means that we will only retain Personal Data for the duration of our relationship, as necessary for tax or regulatory periods, or any legal limitation period as required by applicable laws.
- Access and Control of Your Information
Depending on applicable laws, you have certain rights regarding your Personal Data. These rights may include:
- Right of Access and/or Rectification of Inaccuracies: You have the right to access the Personal Data we have about you, and in most circumstances, to be provided with a copy of this information. You also have the right to correct any inaccuracies related to your Personal Data that we have.
- Right to Restrict Use: To the extent permitted by law, you have the right to restrict the use of such processing.
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Data from our systems. Please note that if you prefer not to receive marketing communications, it is preferable to keep your basic contact information with a strict «do not contact» mark to ensure we do not communicate with you in the future.
- Right to Object to Processing: When we process your Personal Data based on a legitimate interest (for example, for direct marketing purposes), you may exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection. In such cases, we will stop processing your Personal Data until we verify that we have compelling legitimate reasons for processing that outweigh your interests, rights, and freedoms when you ask us to stop processing the data, or in limited cases where we need to continue processing the data for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: To the extent we base the processing of your Personal Data on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to Data Portability: In most cases, you have the right to receive all Personal Data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit this data to another controller, to the extent that such transfer is technically feasible.
- Right to File a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority: Whenever you are in the EEA, you have the right to file a complaint about the processing of your Personal Data with the data protection authority («DPA») in the country where you reside, work, or where the alleged data breach has occurred.
How to Exercise Your Rights
To exercise your rights, please send us an email at email@example.com. Any request should include information that enables us to verify your identity (for example, your name, address, email address, or other reasonably required information).
We make every effort to respond to any legitimate request within one month. In case we need additional information, we will contact you and specify what is needed. In certain circumstances, it may take more than one month, for example, if we receive requests that are too complex or numerous.
Sometimes it may take us more than a month, taking into account the complexity and number of requests we receive. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with an estimate of the cost before completing your request.
We implement technical and organisational measures to seek to ensure an appropriate level of security for the Personal Data we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of Personal Data.